Treat someone you love to the finest caviar – packed by hand, with the utmost care and expertise, at Russ & Daughters. Woo your sweetheart with any of our caviars, and ask us about some great specials we have for this holiday. For example:
- Amur Schrenckii is a fine choice for this amorous holiday. Native to the Amur River, Schrenckii sturgeon are yielding beautiful caviar in sustainable conditions. The beads are comparatively large, with a bright hue, firm crispness, and perfectly mild kiss-from-the-sea salinity. This is an exquisite caviar experience for any palate.
- Paddlefish is a wonderful and affordably-priced alternative. This cousin of the sturgeon roams the large rivers of North America, especially those in Tennessee, Kentucky, Mississippi, and Montana. This roe most closely resembles Sevruga in its size and color. The small, firm beads deliver a silky texture and a rich flavor.
Russ & Daughters has everything you need for a sweet and simple caviar experience: blini, creme fraiche, mother of pearl spoons, and glass-in-glass caviar servers. Our malassol caviar is truly best unadorned – serve on a blini with a drop of creme fraiche, or enjoy all on its own. Feel free to call us with questions or to come in to the shop where we’ll help you right at the counter.
We also have lots of desserts for Valentine’s Day too.
- Delicious chocolate truffles: dark chocolate with Illy Espresso and sea salt; dark choclate with single malt scotch ganache; pear and caramel.
- Linzer Hearts: heart-shaped linzer tart cookies, filled with raspberry jam and hand-dipped in chocolate.
- And, of course, what could be better than a babka, rugelach, or halvah — always delicious desserts.